Replacing your furnace system involves more than just removing the old unit to make way for a new one. Taking into account the time it takes for this project to complete is imperative to make sure it doesn’t interfere with your plans. Read on as HVAC installation, repair & maintenance expert Acker Heating & Cooling discusses what a typical furnace replacement timeline looks like.
Factors Affecting Installation Time
The duration of a furnace replacement project can vary depending on these factors:
- Furnace Type. Whether you choose a gas, electric, or oil-powered furnace will have an impact on the installation time. This is especially true if you are switching from a specific type of furnace to a new one.
- Size and Complexity. Both of these factors also play a role in how long it will take for the furnace replacement to be completed. A larger, more intricate system can take longer to install, for example, especially if there’s a need to modify the ductwork.
- Changes in the Ductwork. Expect a longer installation time if your existing ductwork is in poor condition or has to be modified to accommodate the new furnace.
- Location. Removing the old furnace and getting a new one installed on a confined space may require more effort and time.
- Additional Services. The overall timeline of a furnace replacement is also affected by additional services such as indoor air quality improvements.
The Typical Furnace Replacement Timeline
The average time it takes for a furnace replacement to complete is around one to two days. It all starts with the removal of the old unit, which includes disconnecting and disposing of the old furnace. Next, the installation site will have to be assessed and prepared. Any modifications to the ductwork will be addressed at this point of the installation. Once that’s done, the new furnace will be installed. Connections will be made to the existing ductwork, electrical system and the fuel source. It doesn’t end there — the new furnace will have to be tested to ensure everything is functioning as intended. The installation area will be cleaned up before calling it a day.
Trust Acker Heating & Cooling for your furnace replacement needs! When you schedule a consultation with our team, expect us to help you find the best energy-efficient system that’s properly sized for your home. We’ll also explain to you possible financing options to get this project started, as well as factory warranties and workmanship guarantees.