Winter is just around the corner, and if you rely on your heat pump to keep your indoors warmer, it’s best to schedule a tune-up right away. Acker Heating & Cooling, a top local residential and commercial HVAC contractor in the area, shares the top reasons not to skip this important home maintenance task this year.
A tune-up ensures the peak operational efficiency of your heat pump. It won’t have to work as hard to maintain desired indoor temperatures during the winter months, resulting in energy savings and lower utility costs.
Extended Life Span
By scheduling a tune-up before the winter weather sets in, you help extend its serviceable life. A heating and air conditioning technician can identify and address minor issues before they turn into major problems, reducing the possibility of costly breakdowns and even a premature replacement.
If you have been dealing with uneven heating and the presence of “cold spots” in your home, it might be time to schedule a heat pump tune-up. In doing so, you can expect it to function as intended, distributing heat evenly throughout your home to ensure consistent comfort.
What Happens During a Heat Pump Tune-Up?
A typical heat pump tune-up involves the following steps, which are carried out by a professional HVAC technician:
- Visual Inspection. Your technician will check the entire heat pump system for any signs of wear and tear, as well as loose or damaged electrical connections that may need to be tightened or replaced.
- Cleaning and Lubrication. Moving parts need to be cleaned and lubricated to ensure proper functioning and smooth operation of the heat pump.
- Testing and Calibration. Adjustments may need to be made after testing the heat pump’s performance. These may include thermostat recalibration, refrigerant level charging and defrosting cycles.
- Airflow Assessment. The technician will make sure the heat pump is providing equal airflow to your home’s living spaces, checking for any obstructions along the way.
- Filter Replacement. The heat pump’s air filters may need to be replaced if they’re already dirty. Leaving them uncleaned reduces the unit’s efficiency.
At Acker Heating & Cooling, we provide maintenance services to ensure cooling and heating systems operate more efficiently and last longer. Our maintenance service is available on both furnaces and heat pumps, depending on your unit. Schedule one today before the winter months arrive. Call (706) 425-8774, or fill out our contact form to request an estimate.