Proper commercial HVAC maintenance begins with a scheduled service call by a trusted local technician. Is it your first time having this done? Then you’ll want to know what to expect during this maintenance task. The premier air conditioning and heating systems company, Acker Heating & Cooling, offers a quick rundown.
Inside the Commercial HVAC
The team at Acker Heating & Cooling usually kicks things off by examining the commercial HVAC system itself. We want to make sure every internal component remains functional and in good shape. During the service call, we may:
- Inspect the wiring and all electrical components.
- Clean the condenser coil.
- Examine the blower motor and wheel.
- Clean or replace the air filters.
- Make sure the condensate lines and drains are clear.
- Perform an air test to determine whether the HVAC is properly distributing conditioned air throughout your building.
- Measure the voltage of the motor.
- Check the safety and thermostat controls.
- Inspect the heat exchanger for signs of damage and corrosion.
- Clean the combustion chamber.
- Measure the flue gases.
- Inspect the gas lines and make sure the connections are tightly sealed.
- Examine the pilot light and all aspects of the ignition system, such as the burners.
Outside the Commercial HVAC
We won’t just focus on the interior of your commercial HVAC during our maintenance service call. Our team will also make sure that its exterior is covered. For instance, we’ll:
- Check and fill the refrigerant levels of the AC when necessary.
- Inspect the HVAC lines for leaks.
- Examine the compressor.
- Clean the coil and cabinet of the AC.
- Test the capacitors, relays, and compressors.
- Take a closer look at the condensate drain to ensure a clean and smooth flow.
- Inspect and clean the area around the commercial HVAC to prevent blockages.
A service call done regularly can make a huge and positive difference to the performance of your commercial HVAC. Not only that, but it also helps extend the system’s life, allowing for decades of reliable heating and cooling service. Just make sure, however, that the task is performed by a trained and certified contractor like Acker Heating & Cooling.
Schedule an HVAC Evaluation
Acker Heating & Cooling remains unrivaled when it comes to high-quality commercial heating and air conditioning services in Athens-Clarke County. With our exceptional HVAC solutions and certified team, we’ll help you keep your building comfortable and energy-efficient all year round. Call us today at (706) 425-8774, or fill out this contact form to schedule an HVAC consultation. We proudly serve the areas in and around Colbert and Athens, GA.