Furnace maintenance needs to be done annually. Although it’s always best to have the furnace maintained in the fall before the first cold days of winter arrive, it’s better to get it done late than to skip it entirely. Furnace maintenance isn’t a luxury or “bonus” for the heating system—it’s essential.
Follow along here with Acker Heating & Cooling as we detail the benefits of routine furnace maintenance.
1. Improved indoor air quality. A tune-up can even improve indoor air quality. This is because a significant portion of the dust, debris, mold and pollen that accumulates in your home will be cycled into the HVAC system. It will stay there, contributing to the foul air that will be released into the house until it’s cleaned out, which is part of a normal tune-up.
2. Extended equipment life. If anything is somewhat damaged or appears that it’s about to be, the HVAC specialist performing your furnace maintenance will make some small repairs and tweaks along the way. This way, you’ll save money on component replacement costs.
Your current equipment will last for many winters instead of just a few if you schedule regular furnace maintenance.
3. Reduce your heating expenses. Every year, a furnace acquires wear and tear from the effort of operating as well as dust and filth. This reduces the furnace’s efficiency since it must use more power to run than it normally would. When you maintain your furnace, you won’t observe an increase in your utility expenses on a regular basis.
4. Fewer repairs. When an HVAC repair and maintenance expert inspects your system, they can determine which sections are more likely to fail and take the appropriate countermeasures to prevent this from happening.
Evaluating, cleaning and lubricating the equipment will keep everything running smoothly and eliminate the need for repairs.
5. Warranty coverage. Most furnace warranties require that the device be serviced on a regular basis by a professional. If the furnace isn’t maintained, the warranty will be null and void, and you may be required to pay for repairs or replacements that would otherwise have been covered. Regular maintenance protects you from manufacturer flaws.
A well-designed and well-sealed duct system will make your house safer, more pleasant and more energy efficient. Contact Acker Heating & Cooling for an estimate on air duct sealing in your home and optimize the effectiveness of your heating and cooling system. Call (706) 989-6663 or fill out our contact form today.